Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ok so I'm a blog failure at this point lol

I set up this blog to talk about the adventures that I had while training and walking the DFW Susan G Komen for the Cure. Wellllllllllllllll that didnt happen.

However I did clock around 750 miles in training and completed the walk the first weekend of November 2010. I love love loved it!! I was hurting as i assumed I would be but the medical staff was awesome and made it so I could complete it.

I have preregistered for 2011 in DFW (still have to pay the registration but did commit while at the event) and if I can raise enough money then I plan to walk in San Diego as well.

My team mate that I met this year was awesome. We met on a training walk and clicked right away. Megan was my hero during that walk. Never did she complain (well a little but always while smiling lol). We slept in a tent in 30 degree weather together, and walked all 60 miles together. She is a true friend. This walk will totally test the strength of your friendship. I love her dearly for putting up with me. I know it wasnt easy but we sure had fun!

The worst part of the walk was the overnight wakeup calls having to use the port a potties but overall it was a life changing experience.

Opening ceremonies was awesome and totally emotional adding to the already emotional ceremony it was the lady that I was walking for (well one of them) Judy showed up :). That really gave me a reason to get out there and walk this walk! Then on the way to closing ceremonies Megan and I and some friends we met on the walk came across a sweet lady named Elizabeth. She was a survivor and was struggling to complete the last 5 miles on the walk. So we decided whether or not we were the last ones in we were going to walk with her. And she did make it. I happened to run across Judy at the very end of the walk and drug her with me through the finish line and Megan continued to walk in with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth will be someone I hold close to my heart from now on. We made contact with her after the walk and she was feeling better and wants to do it again next year. She said we were her gaurdian angels and were the reason she was able to finish the walk :) Talk about cold chills :)

Well so since 2010 is over with its now time to gear up for 2011 and I can't wait. Looks like Krazy 4 a Cure is going to grow leaps and bounds this year. We may be going from a team of 2 to maybe 10...... Making strides against breast cancer one shoe at a time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment