Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Intoduction

My name is Kim and I am NUTS!!!

I have decided to walk in the Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk for a cure in Dallas this year!! 

I was very close to my grandmother and lost her in 1997 to breast cancer. I also have 2 friends at my church that are survivors. My way to give back is to  walk to find a cure for them as well as myself and my daughters.

Now I must confess I am a soda addict. I drink Mountain Dew like I should drink water. I tell my friends that I don't have blood running through my veins its really Dew. I also am a smoker... i know i know..... cancer runs in my family and I smoke. NOT A GOOD THING!! 

But today is the day that I change my life for me. I am going to quit smoking and stop the caffeine. And this walk is going to help me do it!

Soooo on to the preperations that I am doing.....

On saturday I walked a 10k (7 miles) and felt good. But let me tell you that i can tell I have a lot of walking to do. 

I also rsvp'd to go to a getting started meeting on the 16th here locally. I can't wait.
I have started planning the shirts I want to get made and have decided to go with bright pink =) 

i guess that's about it for tonight tomorrow is another day and another step towards 60 miles towards a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment